If you had any doubt about wanting to come to MORP 2012 here are 10 reasons you should get you booty to the party tomorrow night!
1) You get to dress up like a Zombie!
And not just any Zombie, the weirdest most creative zombie you can think of. Bring us your zombie Jesus, zombie butterfly, zombie banana! Bring it on errbody! We are having a costume contest to determine the best overall zombie, the best couple, the funniest zombie and the best celebrity zombie. You do not HAVE to dress up, you will not be turned away at the door if you don't, but you could win some really fabulous prizes including tickets to local theatre companies (Old Globe, Cygnet, Diversionary) Tickets to other San Diego entertainment (Comedy Shows, Museums), dinning certificates and more, so why wouldn't you want to?
A single ticket ($25) Gets you 1 free drink. If you find a date ($50 for a couple) you each get 2 free drinks! And you can always buy more for super cheap. We are getting beer from Stone Brewing and Karl Strauss. The wine will be a potpourri of local favorites. For those of you who really like to party and support local art we also have the All You Can Drink George A. Romero ticket for $100, what a steal!
3) Free food!
We will have delicious eats from Luigi's Pizza, Pannikin Café, Eclipse Chocolate and Caffé Calabria! Thanks to our sponsors all snakes will be free!
4) Free photos!
We will have several professional photographers snapping shots of you in your fabulous costumes. You will also have the opportunity for a private photo shoot with the amazing Rich Soublet against our one-of-a-kind Zombie-fied backdrop created by Michael Mahaffey!
He's back! Our favorite Master of Ceremonies Julio Jacobo will be bringing the funny as host for the evening.
6) Drag Performance!
Utopia Pleneesha is Performing couple numbers and she is fierce.
7) Live Music!
Damn Riot is playing! They are a little bit rock, a little bit pop and a whole lot of awesome. You will want to dance.
8) More Performance!
You can expect to see Soroya, Katie, Patrick, Justin and Sam do something hilarious and musical our Zombie Themed Cabaret Acts!
9) Art Drawing!
You could win a one-of-a-kind art piece made by a CCdd company member or other local artist! The amazing Michael Mahaffey taught us a thing or two last week and helped us to create some bad ass zombie themed art for you all!
10) It's for the kids
US! CCdd. The self-proclaimed misfits of the theatre world! Every one of our plays is a world premiere piece based off of interviews with a unique community. We are a daring bunch of precocious little tikes that like to get down and dirty- but we can't do it without you. All proceeds from MORP will go to fund our 2012-2013 season. These projects will include:
- Street. Art. Prophets.- 5 short plays created from interviews with Local San Diego Graffiti Artists. Opening this November at the 10th Avenue Theatre.
- Love Collaborations- With the success of our 'Love Roulette' event last year, we will be developing a more fully developed version for a limited run in February.
- Derby Girls Production - Our next original production this season will be about Derby Girls! We don't have a title yet, but it's going to rock!
- San Diego Fringe Festival- Never heard of it? Oh ya that's because we are helping to launch it with the local nonprofit contACT Arts! A Fringe Festival in San Diego! A unique opportunity to see original theatre from all over the world! This pilot festival will take place July 5th-7th 2013.
- New York Fringe Festival- Our last piece Deconstruction of a Drag Queen was selected for the New York Fringe Festival 2013! This means we will be remounting our glittery baby for a brief reprise in San Diego before we cart her off in August to the big apple!
And there you have it 10 reasons to come to MORP 2012 this Saturday. We promise this will be a Zombie Affair to Remember!